"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

October 17, 2013

The flu, a book suggestion and a praise report

So, the flu has been going around our household and I am unfortunately having a turn. I was so hoping to have it for a grand total of one day but no such luck ... And  it has really messed up my plans. Not to mention that day 3 is the worst of all.
I finished reading an awesome book though!

Fearless: The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy Seal Team Six Operator Adam Brown

An incredible book about one man's courage and faith and what God can do in a life that is surrendered to Him. Loved it. I checked it out from the library as an eBook and I need to go and buy a 'real' copy so the fam can read it.


I'm thankful for my sweet kiddos who treat me like a queen on her throne
instead of the messy, tissue strewn bed, it really is. Being sick with them around is really not that bad. LOL
I'm thankful for a dear friend who taught my Bible class at the last minute last night.
So thankful for the adult kiddo who shopped for us lest we succumb to ordering pizza every night. ;)
I'm thankful for my hubby who worked all day and is now doing double duty and taking our sweet girl to choir practice.

The Bible says that good news from a distant land is like cold water to a thirsty soul and we received some really good news today about God's provision for our son, who is in ministry in CA. Yay!!! It is an answer to our prayers. -And since I feel like I swallowed a handful of gravel, I'm totally into that analogy. :-)

Have a blessed weekend.
~Becky,  who hopes not to spend mine in bed

No comments: