"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

June 5, 2013

Wednesdays in the Word

The other day, I had a bunch of errands to run for a party and something odd kept happening. Well, maybe  the trip to Wal*art doesn't count, because something odd happens there all the time. ; )
Anyway, it also happened at the library and the dollar store. In each of these places I ran into people who were talking to themselves out loud.
It was not the kind of talking that takes you by surprise until you realize they are really on the phone. It was not the kind of talking that I do when I'm trying to decide if I've checked everything off my to-do list either.
It was sad. It was a one-sided conversation because they didn't have anyone on the other side. (so to speak)
The Lord put on my heart that 'People are talking and no one is listening.'
And then I thought 'what if I didn't know God and didn't know I could cast all my cares on Him and that He cares for me?' I bet I'd be talking to myself in disturbing tones outside the library too.

The fact that I didn't stop my day and engage in a conversation with any of them bothered me. Then I ran across these verses and I've personalized them and I"m praying them.
I want to have His heart of love to lavish on the people I encounter in life, instead of my own tiny heart, that keeps going down the isle past the hurting...

"And may the Lord make me increase and abound in love to one another and and to all...so that He may establish my heart blameless in holiness before my God and Father at the coming of my Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints." 1 Thess. 3: 12-13

"And this I pray, that my love may abound still more and more in knowledge and all discernment, that I may approve the things that are excellent, that I man be sincere and without offense till the day of Christ, being filled with the fruits of righteousness which are by Jesus Christ to the glory and praise of God." Phil.1:9

~Becky

No comments: