"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

December 27, 2011

A Christmas carol

My day has been blessed with lots of music.
Music made by our three boys on the drums, guitar and synth.
Here's why:
A couple weeks ago, my hubby told our kids that he would take everyone out to all-you-can-eat Chinese food, if they wrote and performed their own Christmas song or wrote and performed a skit that would 'make mom cry.' (if it didn't 'make mom cry' than it was out for cheese burgers) lol
They opted for the song option.
Zac wrote some verses last week and they have been working on the music all day.
Joy has been in downtown Disney all day with her friend, so they gave the job of singing it to Nathan and have assigned her a small part with the tambourine. : ) It is dinnertime and they are all 4 feverishly jamming away!
They've got Uncle Phil here, cheering them on. I think he might be more excited about going for Chinese than even they are. lol
Anyway, I can't wait to hear the results!
I feel so blessed to have such talented children. I couldn't write and play a song if my LIFE depended on it. ; )
~Becky, who isn't sure if she is making dinner or going out!
P.S. A post soon to follow on all the Christmas festivities!

No comments: