"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

December 1, 2010

End of the year events

So, my brain is only half-way functioning and I'm seriously not sure what day of the week it is.
The youth group did an "All-Nighter" aka a "lock in" last night.
I swore to avoid those like the plague back when we were leading a youth group, but now I'm the one with the teens and couldn't resist the plea for more leaders to help out. It turned out to be the best one I've ever been to! Here's what I learned: make sure there is no down time and the night will fly by! : ) We played pillow fight soccer, toilet paper dodge ball, saw Tron in 3D, went to Bounce U, (an inflatables place in town) and played laser tag in the church building! Lots of crazy fun!

Got home at 7:30 AM and went to bed until 3:00 PM. Most of our kids woke up soon after, except for Andrew who got up at 5:30 PM and asked me if the clocks were all wrong. LOL! Bless his heart. One of the boys told him "No, it is your clock that's off." ; )
I have no idea what time people will head to bed tonight, but my guess is that they won't have any trouble ringing in the new year tomorrow night. We'll be having dinner and a bonfire with a bunch of friends from church.

My hubby took me out shopping to help him pick out some new dress shoes with his Christmas money and to dinner with one of our gift cards. Nice, relaxing fun!

My sweet dad is having emergency bypass surgery this very night, so he has been on our minds and in our prayers all evening. I know I'll sleep better when I hear that all went well but that won't be until about midnight or so.

~Becky

No comments: