"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

December 2, 2010

Our day at the mall

Do you have the Sincerely Santa program in your city?
I read about it recently and signed up Nathan and one of his friends to be apart of it since they both need community service hours. It is a great cause.

Here is how it works: Children from needy families write letters to Santa asking for whatever it is they want. Their letters are in notebooks at a Sincerely Santa booth in the mall. You can read the letters and choose a child to help this Christmas and it is pretty convenient to make their wish list come true since you are already at the mall...-But look out for the guy selling hair straighteners! LOL! Oh my stars! Before I knew what happened he had my hair in his hands and he straightened one side and my head and CURLED the other. Ugh!!! It was rather frightening!

Anyway, the letters were really sweet. I picked Morgan who is 6 and said she needs help with her spelling. She wants to be a bus driver someday. She wanted the book Diary of a Wimpy Kid and a toy school bus.
Another letter I read said "I would like a bike. I know I was bad but just this year can I have one?"
There was one that asked Santa to make them "a better person and please help my mom pay the bills." : (

Glad we had a chance to be involved.

~Becky

No comments: