"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 3, 2009

Celebrating a great guy!

Zachary is turning 16!
Ahhh! I can hardly believe it!

Tonight we are celebrating with a dinner party with some of his friends and their sweet families.

Now, where did the time go?! : )



What a blessing he is!
Today I read in Proverbs 12 about how diligence is a man's precious possession and I thought of him. - Does he ever possess diligence. He is an excellent young man and we are so blessed.
I could go on and on, but I'm already all choked up. : )
So, I'm off to COOK!!!!!
His favorite meal of all time is Fettuccine Alfredo with grilled chicken and sun dried tomatoes so that is what we are having.
~I thought about making a cake shaped like an ipod. My hubby laughed about that and looked very glad that he would be off shooting guns and not anywhere around while I attempted that. LOL (probably because I am the woman who gets too stressed over reindeer cookies) But, in the end, I decided to go easy on myself and buy a cake! : )
Happy Birthday to Zach!!!!
~Becky

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hope you all have a great time celebrating 16 years with your son. I would have loved to see that I-pod cake.

Jamie said...

What a sweet blessing!! Hope you all have many more years together!! Love the old pic . . . but who's that guy sitting next to you with all the HAIR!! . . . and I don't mean the baby!! LOL Love ya