"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 22, 2009

Belaying is not my thing!

We took an indoor rock climbing field trip! It was so much fun! -for the kids!

Another mom and I took the belaying class so that all the kids could use the harnesses which sounded like more fun than free climbing.

But, oh my goodness, was I stressing!
After we signed the waivers about how the rocking climbing place isn't responsible if anyone is injured, paralyzed or dies..........I found out that I was going to be responsible! They were connected to me by a rope and I felt like I had their lives in my hands literally. Ahhhh!!!!
I kept telling myself "I can do all things through Christ..." even belaying. : )
(why did I plan such a stressful field trip, I'd like to know?)

It turned out to be a blast though. One of my boys said it was 'the best field trip ever!!!!'
My many thanks to KG who was an awesome belay-er. (is that correct terminology? I have no idea)


My kids will definitely tell you that I could have used some more instruction on how to bring climbers down. LOL! I tried out my new belaying skills on them first and succeeded in scaring them.... But with some more practice, I got the hang of it.
I seemed to do better with other people's children. Maybe because I was praying my heart out while they were climbing. : )
I was just sure I wouldn't be able to move my arms in the morning but that was not the case. I was fine. It was my kiddos who were terribly sore.
But they would LOVE to go again someday!
~Becky

4 comments:

Susan said...

How fun. I am sure my kids would love something like that especially here in the winter we don't get out much.

By the way 25 degrees is really cold for Florida. We were actually 52 today, so I guess we swapped weather for a day.

Unknown said...

What a cool fieldtrip! You're inspiring me to do a fieldtrip like that myself!

Jamie said...

So glad you kiddos loved it!! Maybe SOMEDAY I'll take mine . . . in like 10 years!!! LOL

小小彬 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.