"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

November 11, 2008

Haircuts

After church on Sunday, we had lunch with three families and the men were sharing money saving ideas.
One shared about how he cuts his sons' hair with this:












Anybody remember commercials for the Flowbee*?!?
Oh my goodness! We didn't believe him at first.
It looked so hokey on the commercials! Back in the what? The 80's?!

Well, my hubby asked for a demonstration and it was too funny.
We picked Andrew to be our victim, I mean model. : )


It did a great job and it attaches to your vacuum so there is no hair to sweep up afterwards! Whoo-hoo!
When Andrew came out alive : )
one of the other men decided he wanted his haircut too.
We were threatening to send all our guys over to their house every month.

It really looks mistake proof and that is something I need. I can cut my hubby's hair but I'm not usually brave enough to try the boys so I end up taking them to a barber.
When Zach was a little guy, I cut his hair and made a mistake and my friend had to come over and fix it.
Remember how Jesus told the adulterous woman to "Go and sin no more" well, right after this happened Zachary said:
"Mom, go and cut no more!"
LOL! It was good advice.. : )

On the way home, we were talking about how much fun we had with these families and then Andrew piped up and said "Accept for me. I had to have my hair vacuumed!"

~Becky

1 comment:

Jamie said...

Very funny story!! But, I must say, his hair looks great!!