"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

December 13, 2007

W.....

Once a year, I drive out to this farm store and buy a bucket of wheat.
I just love to grind my own flour and make breads and pancakes etc...

Speaking of which, there must be some motherly endorphins released when pulling homemade bread out of the oven. It makes you feel like a nominee for mother of the year or something . I really think I should go and make some right now in fact, because I am not feeling even close to a nominee today. ; )

Anyway, this store isn't open on Saturdays and so for the past 6 or so years, I've had to bring the whole gang with me for this long drive and our kiddos aren't ever too happy about it. Just mentioning it makes them groan.

But not on Tuesday...

When I told them that we were going to go and buy wheat,


nobody groaned and

nobody even spoke.

They just stared at me.



~Right here I have to mention that what they have asked for
for Christmas is a Wii...

Bless their dear hearts, very single one of them thought I'd said

"Let's go buy a Wii!" : )
~Becky

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

LOL! Too funny, Becky! We have a Wii...and it really is a blast. Yep, I play it too! So do I dare ask? Will the Wii be under the tree? (Ooooh that rhymes!) giggles ~Yvonne

Unknown said...

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHH! I am groaning for them and laughing like crazy at the mixup. What a funny post. I love it.

And yes, baking bread does that for me too. I have a bread machine so sometimes I cheat and use that. But not always. About half and half.