"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

March 11, 2016

Last day of vacay

We decided to go hiking on Saddleback Mountain on the Holy Jim Trail so that we could see a waterfall. It was once called Cussing Jim Trail. -LOL

I must have checked my brain at the airport or something because I obviously didn't put a whole lot of thought into this HIKING thing. I forgot that hiking in CA means HIKING, like climbing straight uphill the ENTIRE time! I forgot that my best friend just ran a half marathon and that her husband has always hiked up mountains for the fun of it since we were teenagers. I forgot the elevation factor! (we practically live at sea level) And, I forgot MY WATER! Can you see where this is going?  ; )

Apparently, the fact that I work out means nothing!
Like, less than nothing.
I was DYING on that hike!
But the kids had a GREAT time!


And thankfully, I never passed out! And made it to the waterfall!




And glory, glory, the way DOWN was so much easier!

Then we met some of our friends and family for one last get together over pizza!


Such a fun trip! So sweet of the Lord to have made all this happen. What a blessing!
~Becky

No comments: