"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 2, 2014

The week after the 'C word' entered our lives

What an emotional week this has been!

Hubby has had so many wonderful friends calling him each day, that his throat is sore from talking, each evening.
He said one friend of his has just about planned his funeral, but the rest have been wonderful. They are praying for him and some are fasting. Some are calling him crying (and he's cheering them up!).  He is definitely feeling the love!
He feels great on his new diet which is dairy free, soy free, gluten free and sugar free and is still working. I've been scrambling to learn how to cook for him. I'm pretty sure I've been to almost every health food store in town now. I've bought a vegetable juicer, joined an organic co-op, and found a gluten free bakery. ~where I paid about a million dollars for a dozen muffins that were dairy free, gluten free and sugar free. I don't know what WAS in them, but they were tasty and I've got to figure out how to make them.

This web site: Chris beat cancer has been very helpful. And of course, lots of people are sharing info with us all the time. The Bible says that 'The steps of a righteous man are ordered of the Lord" so I'm counting on that because how can anyone do all the research and read all the books out there?!

Today Hubby had the PT scan and we'll know the results on Thursday. He came out to the waiting room after the scan and told me that he is radioactive for 24 hours. Oh my!
He had to drink a popular sugary drink before the scan because sugar immediately goes into cancer cells. Sugar feeds the cancer. How creepy is that?! I think I'll remind myself of this often while on this cancer fighting diet with Hubby. Scary!

Some low points:
~Someone sending me info on the link between painters and cancer
~Being teased by the clerk at Walmart about going on a diet with the juicer I was buying. I just smiled and then cried all the way to the car thinking about how my hubby has cancer and how this isn't a fun diet fad

Tonight he's had the opportunity to talk to someone who had esophageal cancer 5 years ago, who went through surgery and chemo treatments and is now cancer free. It was great to talk to someone whose been there.

Feeling blessed and at peace, but totally exhausted!
~Becky

No comments: