"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving fun

Wednesday has been filled with cooking. (last night I did the cleaning)
Pumpkin bread, deviled eggs, stuffing, green bean casserole, corn bread pudding, garlic spread, blackberry cheesecake and toffee, oh and I began brining the biggest turkey I've ever made! Fun, fun, fun!
I also picked up a Jan Karon book on audio cassette to keep me company in the kitchen(no place like Mitford for the holidays) and I have some Walton episodes to watch while I cook too. -Until football starts and the men take over the TV. : ) And a sweet boy of mine who works at Starbucks brought me something with Bliss in the name that was heavenly and blessed my day.

We have my brother-in-law staying here who will be joining us for Thanksgiving, also Carlos and my BFF and her family. Love a house full!

I saw a cute idea in a magazine, for a Thanksgiving table cloth. They suggested using a sheet and having everyone write in a permanent marker what they are thankful for and signing their names. Then you can pull it out every year to use and see who was with you and what God has done in the lives of everyone. I bought two vinyl table clothes to use instead, since we have to extend our table out so far for this crowd. Should be a fun keep sake.

I'm mindful of how blessed I was recently to go to San Diego and see all of my family members. I always miss them during the holidays. So, glad I get to enter this season with a full heart having just spent time with all those I love so dearly. I'm also thankful for the friends I get to spend holiday with. Lifetime friends, who have been in and around our lives for years and years (as in 20+). What a blessing they are. I'm thankful to be spending our day with such precious people who love us and who love JESUS more than life itself.

"Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good; his love endures forever." Ps. 107:1
Feeling so blessed,
~Becky

No comments: