"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

November 15, 2011

Flushing with gratefulness


Yesterday as I was in a waiting room at the doctor's office with my brother-in-law, I read an article that said basically that you haven't known gratefulness until you've been without

a flushing toilet for an extended amount of time. : )

Well, guess what happened when I got home?


A kicked soccer ball resulted in:
a broken pipe,
then 5 trips to Home Depot and now going on 13 hours without running water...

I'm going to be one grateful gal when our plumbing nightmare is over! lol

What a crazy coincidence huh?

The woman writing the article was about to host a wedding in her home. Now, there's something I'm glad I'm not facing today! lol


She also said:
"...gratitude is not the same as giving thanks. It comes from a deeper place that knows the story could have ended differently, and often does. Gratitude is surviving the worst thing you can imagine...and realizing that you are still standing."
Yes, amen!
And hopefully, soon-to-be still flushing! ; ) But we'll see.

"Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you who belong to Christ Jesus." 1 Thess. 5:18

Have a great day!
~Becky

(Article: Finding Gratitude by Heather Lende)

Edited to Note: This is the work of art that my hubby had me photograph that did result in us happily flushing, showering and washing clothes again. Yahoo! Good job! Honey!

No comments: