"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 26, 2011

Nate is back!

Nathan is back from his amazing trip to CA. He was gone for two weeks which seemed like forever. We were all so excited to see him, that the kids stayed awake with us and we all headed to the airport to pick him up at midnight!

He stayed with my parents, my brother and sister-in-law and my aunt and her husband. -Lots of family fun! He visited the church I grew up in and met lots of people who I hung out with as a teenager and folks and who knew my mom, and my grandmother way back when. He said his trip was like "reliving Mom's childhood." : )
But he had the opportunity to go and see places I've never even been to like: Big Sur, Mammoth and Yosemite. (they were actually hiking the waterfall at the same time that those three hikers were swept over last week) He also went to Palm Springs and rode the tram.

He doesn't have any pictures since he lost him $300 iPod during his travels. : (

Our many thanks to the sweet "L" family for inviting him to join them on their trip! He had an unforgettable time and thanks to all our dear family members who had him over!

He came back a little chunkier, he says (from all the yummy Mexican food) and a much better Ukulele player! : ) (he had only owned it for a day, before he left and we are amazed at how many songs he can play now!)

So, we are all back together again! This mom loves that! -But it will be short-lived because on Monday Zac is headed to Arizona for Fine Arts Nationals for a week!!! Hooray!

Andrew is glad to have his buddy Joel back. He went to spend the night with him last night after VBS and he was so excited. He said "I'm reuniting with Joel. My favorite brother in Christ!" Too cute!

We are all busy helping at our church's VBS this week. Last I heard there were about 543 kids attending! Whoo-hoo!!!
Tired but blessed,
Becky

No comments: