1. Listening to him talk economics with Zac
2. Watching Joy proudly push him in his wheel chair into a crowd of 200 teenagers (to see his nephews in the worship band)
3. Having him here for Andrew's birthday, Easter and soon enough- Zac's graduation
4. His sweet prayers. They begin "Good Evening, Father" and are filled with thanksgiving
5. Hearing his real laugh
6. Watching our kids rise to new levels of service and compassion
7. Watching him, love to watch Joy, play softball, and her waving to him from the outfield and him hugging her before she's up to bat
8. Hearing Nathan challenge him to take bigger strides and take steps faster and promising to catch him if he falls
9. Having him as my Sarah Palin's Alaska buddy. LOL
He and I love that show and I order it on Netflix. (it is right up his alley since he used to collect guns, hunt and work in the oil industry)
10. Having him here for Fine Arts Districts to cheer on our boys.
It isn't all easy and fun. But "whatever trials don't kill you, make you better" Right? (I think I read that quote somewhere) Anyway, we are learning to lean on the Lord and His grace in a whole new way and that can only be a good thing.