"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

May 13, 2011

Catch up time on the blog!

It seems to be my lot in life lately to be flying by the seat of my pants from one major event to the next. -Too bad my family still expects dinner or I'd have it pretty easy. ; )

Mother's day was a lot of fun! I was spoiled with some fun gifts. We went out to lunch and then headed to the beach with BFF -Marcia and her kids.

Lots to do for my graduate lately. Graduation invites, graduation ceremony requirements, cap and gown order, register for college, take placement test, apply for Pell Grant etc...
Exciting times!

Last night we had our home school group's graduation. Beautiful event! Those new board members stepped it up quite a few notches from the one I gave last year. They transformed the room, had Debbie Strayer as a speaker and did a top notch job blessing our seniors and recognizing everyone's advancement to the next grade. Loved it! Debbie Strayer is a special friend of ours, and so it was a blessing to have her speak. She's been a big part of Zac's educational journey and he thanked her for all of her help and encouragement over the years.

Not sure that any of my boys will be attending fine arts nationals after all due to the cost and deadlines for the money being at the beginning of summer instead of the end. (in other words, not enough time to find summer jobs and start earning the money) But there will be other years for Nate and Andrew. I'm still making these necklaces even though they won't be a fund raiser now. They are a fun diversion and I love them! Have had several orders placed and I'm so excited. (black is the most popular) One of my sweet friends helped me make some on Saturday night while our girls were at a movie and then she bought a black one to wear Sunday morning and went around modeling for me in her black dress. : ) Too cute!

Friday, Nathan is going to "Uncle-sit" for us ; ) (aka -watch my hubby's brother) while we go on our first double date with one of our boys and a girl he's liked for awhile now.

Well, there's a lot more going on but this is the quick summation of the fun stuff! I am blessed that whatever family crisis we have going on at the present, it has nothing to do with our teenagers! (how cool is that?!) -They are amazing and they bless my socks off with their love and care for me, their love and honor for their dad, and their service to their uncle. May I not get distracted from the fact that I am very blessed and God is answering all of our prayers for them.


~Becky


No comments: