"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 3, 2011

New years festivities

We had an All-Nighter for the youth group last week. (aka - a "lock in.")
I had basically decided to avoid those like the plague after doing a couple in our own youth ministry years ago, but now I'm the one with the teens and I couldn't resist the plea for more leaders to help.
So, all day, I kept telling myself "I can do all things through Christ." LOL Because I'm sure I haven't stayed up all night since I gave birth to Andrew. ; ) And 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM is a looooooonnnnnngggggg time!
Guess what?! I did stay awake and I had SOOO much fun!!!!
The key, was that they had so many events planned there just about wasn't any down time and that thankfully made it seem like a very quick night!

We saw Tron in 3D at the theater, then played pillow-fight soccer and toilet paper dodge ball. We also went to Bounce U and jumped around on huge inflatables for a couple of hours and ended the night or I guess, started the day, with laser tag in the church building. Great fun.

My sweet hubby picked us up because I didn't thing I had the 30 minute drive home in me and I was right. We all crashed out until about 3:00 PM. Andrew didn't wake up until 5:30 PM and it was pretty cute when he asked me "if all the clocks were wrong." : ) One of the boys informed him that it was his (internal) clock that was wrong.

We were pretty well recovered by New Year's Eve when we went to a bonfire to celebrate with some friends, eat too much and fellowship.

We celebrated the New Year with home improvements!!! Whoo-hoo! Half way through the day I heard my hubby say "Wow, it has been a rough year!" LOL
Carlos did amazing things around here like he always does, and fixed everything in sight! : ) What a blessing!

Happy New Year!
~Becky

No comments: