"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 24, 2011

My quiet time

Here is how I've been doing my quiet time since the summer and I love it. I'm reading one chapter in the Pentateuch, (one of the first five books of the Bible)
one in one of the Prophets,
one in Psalms,
one in Proverbs,
one in a Gospel
and one in an Epistle.
(although I don't always get done with all 6 chapters before it is time to wake up our kiddos for school, but I try)

Some other books that have impacted my spiritual walk and are a part of my daily quiet time are:
~Prayers from The Power of a Praying a Wife for my hubby
~Prayers for our four kids from The Power of a Praying Parent
(Stormie Omartian has taught me the power of praying the scriptures)
~ I also pray these specific verses from Luke 2 over our children
~I love Oswald Chambers and like to read the daily reading out of My Utmost for His Highest
~I know for a fact that the spiritual warfare prayer from a book called This Means War has had beyond-huge impact on the lives of my family members and every area of our lives. My hubby and I both try to pray this daily and have for several years. -Although, not together because he is up praying while I'm still dead to the world for about another hour. : )
I haven't actually read that book, but the prayer in it was given to us in a spiritual warfare class we took once and it has been a huge blessing.

My new favorite book that I'm enjoying doing daily readings from is Ann Spangler's Praying the Names of God. It is awesome. When you need healing you can remind yourself that you are talking to Yahweh Rophe -I AM the God who heals you. When you are in a discouraging situation, remember what Hagar found out, that he is El Roi -The God who sees me. And if you are engaged in a spiritual battle, remember that Yahweh Tsebaoth -The captain of the Hosts goes before you and is your rear guard. It is very encouraging and it will liven up your prayer time! I highly recommend it.

May we all grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior this year! : )
~Becky

No comments: