"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 25, 2010

Our latest news

I had a very nice birthday last week! : ) It was filled with flowers, 2 shopping trips and a couple fun dates with my hubby. -With my anniversary and birthday in the same week, I feel completely spoiled now, and caught myself wondering 'what else can we celebrate?' (so that I don't have to cook) LOL!

Good news! Joy is having a GREAT time in the new soccer league. (you know, the quirky, low-key one) It is really perfect for this season of our lives and the Lord as always, knew what we needed. Her team won yesterday and she scored two points and had a blast. Yay!

Joy attended the Missionette's sleep-over without me this year. Sounds like it was a big hit. (and I enjoyed my own bed, but missed all the fun since I've gone for the last 6 years)

In reality, it has been a rather sad week for us because our precious neighbors of 16 years are having their house foreclosed on Monday which is tearing our hearts up. It's been very rough on their children. Our kids all grew up together and are best friends...
So, we have spent a lot of time over there this week packing and reminiscing adding some rather sobering memories to the many, many years of sweet ones.

~Becky

No comments: