"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

May 15, 2010

Wrapping up my year as president

So, the year is coming to an end and I have been busy!

This week my head was swimming with details for our end-of-the-year pool party and the used curriculum sale that we hosted. I was so busy thinking about lighter fluid and matches, that bringing a bathing suit to the party didn't even cross my mind! lol -And did I mention it was a pool party?! : )
We held it at a Baptist conference center and it was such a beautifully quiet and peaceful place. We had a shelter in the shade by the lake for our picnic and then went swimming in the pool.

The booksale was a big hit! I don't know of anything more fun for homeschooling moms than to get books they need for next year at a steal of a deal! -I'm happy that I was one of those moms! Hooray!

Next on the agenda is to assemble a board for next year, find a replacement president (could use some prayers about this) and finish up the yearbook. There is also one more field trip and a yearbook signing party and then my year as president will be complete.

It has a been fun and I've learned so much!

I'm happy to say that even though I was so busy, multi-tasking to-the-hilt all year, I just found out that my kiddos scored well on their tests and evaluations. Whoo-hoo! I wasn't always sure that would be the case, since there were many times that I was present in body but not in mind. But God is faithful. Someone I know and love says: "What you make happen for others, God will make happen for you." And that is what He did for our 'school' this year as we sowed into other homeschoolers and He blessed our year.

I was also reminded this week that on my own, I can be quite scatterbrained. I've been known to go to events, like graduation ceremonies, on the wrong dates. (my hubby isn't even surprised when this happens now) For instance, just this week, our youngest two were going to dog sit for a neighbor from Friday-Sunday. I sent them over after dinner to feed the dog on their first night and then for the life of me could not figure out why my neighbor pulled into his driveway shortly after. I was just completely clueless and started thinking he'd changed his travel plans. And then it hit me! It was NOT Friday, but apparently I spent all of Thursday afternoon thinking that it was. Good grief!
All this to say that I was reminded of how faithful God has been to our group this year. (and to me) His grace was very present the whole time.
-Obviously, since I didn't have any crazy mishaps the whole year and I didn't show up to anything when I shouldn't have or miss anything I was suppose to lead. LOL! Whoo-hoo!
He is awesome!
-I do hope He has a slower and simpler school year in mind for me next year. : )

~Becky

No comments: