"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 16, 2010

The dance!

After helping me decorate for a good part of the day, run errands and serve lots of punch, Joy did dance with her sweet daddy! : )
Whoo-hoo! (see previous post)
It was to "Cinderella" by Steven Curtis Chapman! So sweet!
I can't post all the cute pictures we took of the daddys and their daughters for our yearbook, but here is a little glimpse of the evening.

I was helping dads and daughters roll keepsake letters they wrote to each other, into scrolls and seal them (to be read on their graduation or wedding day)
when the DJ played "Butterfly Kisses"
and every dad went to dance with his daughter. AHHHH!!!!!
I had to squeal in delight. It was SO cute! Especially because most of the daughters only came up to their dad's waists. Watching that made it worth ALL the work.

My thanks to Joy, Andrew and my wonderful hubby who helped SO much.
Only a couple of mishaps happened.
My hubby melted chocolate for the chocolate fountain, which didn't want to work and became what he called at '3 tier fondue' but no one minded.
We bought a beautiful cake and guess what? The bakery spelled 'daughter' wrong. Ugh!
I wanted a serious discount because I was in a serious hurry. lol -But they fixed it pretty quick and it all worked out. And I forgot a cake server, but 2 knives got the job done.
So, that was that!
Next year, when my year as president and treasurer of our home school group are over, I think it would be great fun to be in charge of just one little thing....
and that would be the Daddy-Daughter Dance.
(but only if I can talk Joy into helping me again) : )
~Becky

No comments: