"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 3, 2010

Wednesdays in the Word

I was reading Proverbs 31 with our kids recently.

I emphasized to the boys verse 3 which says "Do not give your strength to women."
We talked about the Bible characters who had done that very thing and how messed up their lives became. (David, Samson, Solomon)

Then the reasons to avoid "strong drink" in verses 4-7.

Of course, I had to emphasize verse 10 -"Who can find a virtuous wife? For her worth is far above rubies." Whoo-hoo!

Verses 11-31 are longtime favorites of mine about the "Proverbs 31 woman" and when Andrew said that I reminded him of HER, I was sure that he is my favorite child. Ah ha ha. I'm kidding, of course!

I pointed out to Joy and the boys that "Charm is deceitful and beauty is vain but a woman who fears the Lord she shall be praised." (v.30)

Now when I read verse 28 "Her children rise up and call her blessed,"
I couldn't resist saying "You all feel free to rise up and call me 'blessed' anytime now." LOL -Any other mothers of teens want to chime in with an 'Amen?!'

And guess what I heard all day long?
"Blessed, can you go to store?"
"Blessed, what is for dinner?"
"Blessed!"

~They crack me up! I officially have the need to be called 'Blessed' completely out of my system now! Ha ha



~Becky

No comments: