"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 18, 2010

Quilting and other fun things

During the holidays, I listened to a few of Jan Karon's The Mitford Years series on tape while I was busy cooking or relaxing and knitting. It was so much fun. I LOVE those books! I have already read them but it was fun to have John McDonough read them to me while I did other things. : )

I found some time to finish this quilt
that I had been working on, on and off (mostly off) for the last couple years. I found the fabric at the home school convention.
It isn't that big, but I did quilt all the states.... That is my excuse for why it took so long! I hung it in our family room where our school area is.
I was SO happy to have it finished that I hung it on the wall the minute I finished the binding. If you look closely you can see that I used tacks. lol
(not too classy but at least it's up!)
Then I noticed that I forgot to quilt around Alaska...Oops! Oh well! : )

I'm excited about doing some more quilting in the upcoming year. Maybe when my year as president of our home school group is over and I have more free time. I bought a darning foot in anticipation of that time...even though I don't have a clue as to how to use it.
I also knitted a black scarf for one of my boys who asked for one. (how sweet is that?!)
The only problem is, I still don't know how to end a scarf and have to get help from a friend every single time and it is a little embarrassing.
Speaking of which, it is actually cold enough in Florida this year to use scarves! We have had 2 of the coldest weeks ever! The highs were in the 40's and the lows were in the high 20's and 30's! Did I mention that I live in Florida! I am surely spoiled because after two weeks of wearing sweaters, coats and scarves, I'm all good and totally ready for summer to start! LOL
(I could never survive up North, I know)
~Becky

No comments: