"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

November 23, 2009

All things pumpkin and yummy!!!

There are two recipes which include pumpkin that I make every year around this time and my family absolutely raves about them.
I have a friend who doesn't do a thing with canned pumpkin ever. She pretends not to know that it exists and she bakes her own. Not me. Libby's is my friend! : )

Now, I have a third pumpkin recipe that I will have to add to these other two family favorites because everyone said that these are the BEST pancakes ever and my hubby wants me to make them on the morning of his birthday. Andrew said they are 'addicting.'
I think Martha S*ewart gets the credit for this recipe.*Warning: Just go ahead and double it. I sure had to! : )

Pumpkin Pancakes

1 1/4 c. of flour
2 T. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/2 tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
pinch of cloves
Whisk all of these ingredients together. Then in a separate bowl,
mix:
1 cup milk
6 T. canned pumpkin or fresh baked pumpkin if you are amazing like that
2 T. melted butter
1 egg
Add the dry ingredients and mix. Yummy pancake batter!

The other recipe that my family can't get enough of are Pumpkin Butterscotch muffins! You can find the post with the recipe to those right here. They are better than the title sounds, I promise.
They have butterscotch chips in them and are SO good!!!

The last one recipe is for a cake called Pumpkin Crunch!
One of my guys said it tastes like something we might eat in Heaven. LOL
And another one of my guys said that this cake 'tastes like fall.'
So, go here and give it a try!

If I don't make it back to the blog this week, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
I'm going to head over to The Pioneer Woman Cooks, so she can remind me how I brined last year's turkey. It was so good! (everything she makes is pretty amazing)

God's blessings, as you celebrate His goodness!
~Becky

No comments: