"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

June 3, 2009

More from Oswald...

Here are some of my latest favorite quotes from Oswald Chambers:

"It is much easier to DO something than to trust in God' we mistake panic for inspiration. (Yes, Amen) That is why there are so few fellow workers WITH God and so many workers FOR Him. We would far rather work for God than believe in Him."

"We act like pagans in a crisis, only one out of a crowd is daring enough to bank his faith in the the character of God." (ouch!)

"God's love to me is inexhaustible, and I must love others from the bedrock of God's love to me. Growth in grace stops the moment I get huffed. (now there's a cute word)
I get huffed because I have a peculiar person to live with. Just think how disagreeable I have been to God! Am I prepared to be so identified with the Lord Jesus that His life and His sweetness are being poured out all the time?"

"It is not only wrong to worry, it is infidelity, because worrying means that we do not think that God can look after the practical details or our lives, and it is never anything else that worries us. Have you ever noticed what Jesus said would choke the word He puts in? The devil? No, the cares of this world. It is the little worries always."

"Your god may be your little Christian habit, the habit of prayer at stated times, or the habit of Bible reading. Watch how your Father will upset those times if you begin to worship your habit instead of what the habit symbolizes."

"Never let cares or tribulations separate you from the fact that God loves you." Amen!

~Becky

No comments: