"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 16, 2018

When it stings

I have learned to get by on the hard anniversaries and holidays by remembering that they will only sting for about 24 hours and then I'll wake up the next day and it won't be my wedding anniversary or my hubby's birthday or the day he went to be with the Lord anymore.

Friday was one of those days.
It would have been our 27th wedding anniversary. And I'd spent most of the week helping the church prepare to put on a marriage conference for 150 couples which was ironically on my anniversary. So that was a tad bit hard.
I had the day off though and my sweet kids invited me to have coffee with their squad. : )
 Then with Joy's help, we tried to fix the fountain in our front yard because my hubby loved it. He loved to have the window open and hear the water splashing. If I remember right, the fountain stopped working while he was sick.
I tried to make it into a planter last year, but when it rained the plants floated right up and out of it. So, then the next option had to be getting a new motor. Each tier of it weighs a gazillion pounds though and so it was a major miracle to catch enough people at home that could help lift those. At one point we had it all set up and filled with water only to have the new motor not work.
 Long story short, I spent most of my weekend at Home Depot. And there were 4 fountain motors involved and one can of foam sealant. And we are close. Really close.

I'm thankful I have a sweet daughter who reminds me that we can do any project we set our minds to if we don't give up. And honestly, she has this gift for the mechanical, thank goodness, because I sure don't. I mainly just cheer her on and make a million trips to Home Depot.

We may not have a running fountain quite yet, but I made it through a hard day surrounded by lots of love.

~Becky

No comments: