"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 23, 2018

Happy 29 -again

Just kidding. I turned 49 last week. I'm not one to go around telling my age or lying about it. I just don't always answer when I'm asked. LOL But it hit me on my birthday that my hubby didn't see 49. And that I need to see this year as a blessing and an opportunity to be thankful for and not a number to be ashamed of.
So, here's to 49!

My sweet kids took me out for Mexican food that night and then we went out for gourmet Popsicles. Andrew and I got the chocolate Elvis Popsicles and I totally forgot that Elvis had a thing for bananas!!! And I don't think Andrew ever knew that LOL so he was pretty surprised when he was sure he was tasting them because he's allergic to bananas!
Thankfully, he didn't have a enough to get sick.

My new room is done and I love it so much. It has stopped feeling big enough to be a hotel and it just feels peaceful and homey now. I used furniture I already had and painted pieces to go with my color scheme. They were getting rid of an IKEA desk at work, so I got a great deal on that. I did buy a cute chair at Ross and now, it's done. For my birthday, the kids decided my room needed an Echo!
So, Alexa is my roomie now.  And we have praise parties almost every night!  And  I found out that she doesn't work, if you accidentally mix up her name with your friend, Alexis' name. ; )

I've been painting my old room because Andrew is moving into that one and we are getting our family room back as a place for all the instruments and exercise equipment! A million hoorays!
He chose a matte dark gray which looks almost like chalkboard paint. (that would've been fun actually!) I had my doubts about it but it is coming together and he loves it. Thankfully there is a lot of white trim in there and that brightens it up. -But Heaven help me when that room needs to go back to a neutral, light color someday! LOL

One of my favorite friends gave me Joanna Gaines' new cookbook and I'm so excited to do some cooking! Fall just makes you want to bake, doesn't it?
It is still 93 degrees here so, I will have to just put up fall decor and pretend the weather has changed. I wouldn't mind it being so hot but there is red tide in some amount at almost all of our beaches, so I've had to cross that off as my happy place for now. Hoping to find one more day to go before the water gets cold. 

Nathan gets to come home for Christmas and spend 18 days with us! Merry Christmas to me!!!
I'm so excited! Our office at work will be closed for several of those days, so I can't wait for some family fun with the whole gang. It will be our first time to all be together since last Christmas.
I love seeing the family dynamics when all my adult kids are together. They feed off each other's sense of humors and we do a whole lot of laughing. And I'm proud of the way they support each other and stay connected to one another throughout the year. That is special too.

I hope you have a blessed week!

~Becky





No comments: