"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 26, 2018

Wednesdays in the Word

I have a new appreciation for Rom. 14:4 

"Who are you to judge someone else's servant? To their own master, servants stand or fall. 
And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand."

I used to take comfort in that verse when I was way, way younger and for some reason, pretty critical of the spiritual walk of others around me, I confess. I remember it hitting me hard while in a Christian college and feeling like the Holy Spirit was sure not okay with me doing or not doing certain things that didn't seem to bother other people one little bit. LOL
This verse helped me to turn them over to Him, so to speak and obey the verse several scriptures down that says "Therefore let us stop passing judgement on one another." v.13


Now, many, many, years later,  what stands out to me in that verse is the beautiful second half! 
No matter how close our friend's, family, co-workers, neighbors' walks with God are or are not, God is able to "make them stand." 
How wonderful is that?!
He is more than able! 
I love that He will them stand. I love that He will make me stand.

"And they will stand, for the Lord is able to make them stand." Amen! 
Let's cheer each other on!
His grace makes us stand!
 And we all need it! 

"For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking, but of righteousness, peace and joy in the Holy Spirit," v.17

"Let us therefore make every effort to do what leads to peace and mutual edification." v.19

~Becky


No comments: