"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 4, 2018

A bit of bravery

On most weekends, I try to do some kind of home maintenance project and try not to stress too much over the ones I can't do. 
Yesterday, I plucked up my courage and conquered my fear of heights and climbed up to our roof to cut down some over grown branches!!!

The whole time I was climbing the ladder, this quote was going through my head! LOL

And it worked! 

I climbed up there and sat on the roof and went to town cutting away the branches that had caused me so much stress when Hurricane Irma was on the way. Whew! And eventually, I even got up the nerve to STAND on the roof and cut even more branches! 
And just when I was thinking I was so  brave,
my neighbor came over to the fence and told me that I should be cutting the branches closer to the edge of the roof! -The very edge. Ugh!

 I felt like saying "Dude, Don't you realize I'm amazing just because I'm up here?!" LOL

Then he came back with a chainsaw that he wanted to loan me and told me what LIMB he thought I should cut!!!

As if!

I'm pretty sure that holding that heavy thing while balancing on the roof , would've resulted in some cut limbs but they might just have bee my own!!! So I declined. : ) 

I don't know whether to think he's crazy for offering 
or  feel complimented that he thought I could possibly pull that off. LOL

~Becky





No comments: