"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 14, 2018

Wednesdays in the Word

I'm especially fond of Psalm 86 because the Lord often leads me to read it.
I love that you can read the same passage over and over again and always get something new out of it.

In verse seventeen, David asks God to "show me a sign for good" which has been my prayer many times over the years and some of those answers are jotted down in the margin of my Bible.

The whole verse says:
"Show me a sign for good, that those who hate me may see it and be ashamed, because You, Lord, have helped me and comforted me."

For the first time it hit me that instead of asking for a 'sign for good' from Him, we can BE the sign!
We can be a sign of His goodness!
Our lives can show that He truly has "helped and comforted us." That because of Him, we are still standing!

The Message paraphrases it like this:
 "Make a show of how much you love me so the bullies who hate me will be slack-jawed, as you God, gently and powerfully put me back on my feet."
Amen! May we be the sign of His goodness and reflect that great love!




~Becky

No comments: