"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 23, 2018

The banquet

The company that my husband worked for has its annual awards banquet this week.
We've been going since our kiddos were pretty young and my biggest worry back then was that one of them would spill something. Now my biggest worry is that I will have to give a speech!

Their awards have always been based on character traits. My hubby always won quite a few awards each year. And now,  the highest award anyone can win is named after him.

Last year when I was invited to attend, I didn't get the memo that I was GIVING A SPEECH and handing out the award at the end of the banquet -until I had already arrived.
I think the absence of that info was God's way of making sure I came.

Zac was my date and he was pretty sure I was going to pass out during dinner and kept watching me.LOL (to say that public speaking is not my thing is a major understatement!)
I thought I might pass out too. Especially when the men who gave speeches before mine were so polished and funny.

But God,
who can do anything,
even help ME public speak, ---was faithful!

 And Zac confirmed that whatever I said made sense. : )

It really was a beautiful time and I was deeply honored to be there and see my husband's character honored and say a few words about him. It was a privilege to present the award to a man he admired and who was a dear friend of his.

And NOW I know that "we would love to have you participate"
is actually code for -GIVE A SPEECH. LOL
As I was experiencing what panic attack symptoms must feel like,
our youngest son, said these wonderful words:
 "I'll go! I've got you, Mom! I'd love to give a speech honoring Dad."

Hallelujah!!!!!

Seriously, though, it wasn't easy to go and hear about how wonderful my hubby was and see pictures of him that we'd never seen before on a power point. It was very emotional and it probably won't be much easier this time,
but I never want to miss any opportunity to honor him and the incredibly godly man that he was!

So, I'm going!

But, bless the Lord, I am not speaking! : )

~Becky

No comments: