"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 9, 2018

Happy New Year

After being a homeschooling mom for 19 years, I was pretty used to my summer break, winter break and spring break. Thankfully, where I work, the offices are closed for the week between Christmas and New Years so I do actually get a bit of a winter break! And it was great. Can I just say that Christmas festivities had worn me out and I relaxed that whole week? And it was awesome!
My college kids winter breaks' were much longer and so we've pretty much had company over here almost every night for a month. And the funny thing is, they've been addicted to Scrabble.
-Now that is something that makes a homeschool mom proud. LOL Especially when your kids beat you! We had friends from CA come stay with us in shifts, so that meant that alligators were searched for, cute coffee shops were frequented, gourmet Popsicles were consumed and they hung from trees in hammocks.

This past weekend we celebrated Zac's 25th birthday! I can't believe my first born is 25!
We went to a fancy restaurant to celebrate, which served such gorgeous food, we ALL got out our phones and took pictures.
Then we came back to the house where we had decorated the walls with chalkboard stickers that had words on them that we each felt describe Zac. (words like determined, kind, goofy, Mr. Success)
And then we played MORE Scrabble!
Zac has grown into one of the hardest working people I know and my hubby would be so proud. He is a great husband, who works two jobs, goes to school full-time and is in the top 15% at ASU. (which blows my mind) He's leader of this pack and loved all to pieces!

Winter break and all of its fun is officially over now though and we are getting back to the disciplines of normal life after the holidays. The kids are going back to school and our church is doing a 21 day fast. Our family is participating in the Daniel Fast and doing a social media fast. We've had lots of discussions around here about what foods are OK and which aren't. And today it hit me that it basically means we are caffiene-less, sugar-free vegans for 3 weeks. : )
-Except one of us decided they couldn't survive without chicken. LOL
Besides all the food discussions, it is a wonderful time to get quiet and draw near to God and see Him draw near to us and believe for spiritual breakthroughs in our lives.
It is a new year and a new season!

Blessings!
~Becky



"


No comments: