"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

June 24, 2016

CA continued

My dad had a spinal surgery while I was in CA and spent four days in the hospital. Bless his heart.
It was nice to be able to extend my trip and be there with my parents during all of that. -And  many thanks to my sister who kept us fed on great Mexican food when the hospital food wasn't so great.


My aunt also had surgery while I was there and she is now cancer-free! PTL!

I spent my last weekend in Anaheim with the L Family and Nate.

Saturday night, we went to the Anaheim Packing House. What a fun place! People were hula hooping and playing ping pong in a vegetable garden out front! The inside was full of cute Californian hipsters buying amazing food and listening to live music. I ate something that was a cross between a donut and a croissants.
And this tea!


Yes, that is cotton candy and fruity pebbles on top of it! Craziest looking drink ever! So fun!
Although those boba balls are not my thing! I was hoping they were chocolate. Bahaha!


After church on Sunday we went to Pieology for lunch. Another fun place! Andrew described it as a Subway for pizza. Everyone gets 8" of pie dough and you can choose to put whatever sauce, cheese and toppings you want it and then they cook it for you.


But the very best part, of course, was the company!

As well as these dear friends of Andrew's.


Then we had coffee with a dear friend and rushed off to church.

The next day, I was flying out of LAX, and since the traffic is CRAZY we had brunch nearby in Manhattan beach. What a gorgeous place!









Then I flew back to my little corner of the world. 
Albeit a very HOT and HUMID corner, but I love it nonetheless.  : )

~Becky

No comments: