"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

February 16, 2016

The happy happenings

Next week we will be in California! AHHH!!!
Can't wait to see all those people we love!
That list grew yesterday when I found out that Hubby's brother and sister-in-law, whom we did not plan to see, (because they live 6 hours away from the rest of our people) will actually be in Anaheim at the same time we are for a conference. What a fun coincidence!

While in San Diego, we plan to visit the little apple growing, mountain town of Julian. I'm excited! I haven't been there in YEARS. -Bring on the apple pie with cinnamon ice cream!
And then it hit me the other day, that Julian was the location of Hubby and I's first REAL DATE!
(insert lots of heart emojis here)
Well, actually, our first date was rather a disaster and didn't actually even take place,
which could explain why he chose this romantic location for the do-over! : ) Good choice!
Since he drove a motorcycle and my car couldn't make it that far, we borrowed my mom's car. And we locked the keys in it and the manager of the convenience store we stopped at, was very handy with a coat hanger and helped us out. Not sure I ever told my parents that but since they read this, now they know. ;)  Fun memories!

Last week, our sweet girl bought a car and this week she got a raise and they created a new position for just her which includes more hours! Yay! Is she ever rocking it at our favorite "Jesus Chicken" selling restaurant! (as Hubby called it)

I finished my first crocheted blanket!!! After ripping it completely apart only 6 times! LOL
I shed many tears on it and worked on it through many episodes of Blue Bloods and Madame Secretary. Now it is done!
 And I gave it to Nathan...
just because!

~Becky

No comments: