"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

May 22, 2015

Getting crafty

Over the weekend, I started making a book page wreath.
Here is the tutorial.

I happened to have a bunch of antique books that my neighbor gave me years ago so I used two of those, but you can use paperbacks from the dollar store. You brush some paint on the edges to make them look older and then start ripping them up. (that's a little hard to do if you LOVE books!)
 It turned into a fun project, minus the fact that I kept burning the skin off my finger tips with hot glue! : )

After rolling about a gazillion pages like this:


this happened:


 And I love it!

~Becky

Edited to note: If you make one of these, people will try to read the words on the pages! Who knew? 

No comments: