"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 9, 2014

Wednesdays in the Word

We've been singing this powerful worship song at church lately and I can't get over these lyrics:

"Its Your breath in our lungs, so we pour out our praise,
pour out our praise on you only."

Take a listen:



This got me to thinking about the time (10 years ago) when I had reactive airway disease and DIDN'T have much breath in my lungs at all. I had 20% breathing capacity which was frightening. Walking 20 steps was completely exhausting and took me 30 minutes to recover from.
But God, (I love that phrase in the Bible!)
in His abundant mercy healed me once and for all, and I've never struggled with any breathing issues since. PTL!

But I hope that I always remember that it is HIS breath in my lungs.
And since it is HIS, my actions and words need to glorify Him so that this can never be said of me:

"and the God who holds your breath in His hands and owns all your ways,
you have not glorified."
Daniel 5:23
Amen?
~Becky

No comments: