"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 25, 2014

That one Tuesday

So, my sweet hubby had an endoscopy on Tuesday for an acid reflux issue.
I dropped him off at the hospital for this outpatient procedure and then took Joy to work at the science museum and then took Andrew to work at a mansion on the other side of town, (where he's helping the grounds keeper) and then raced back to the hospital to find that my cute groggy guy, was awake and resting.

Thankfully, he's never had a reason to be in a hospital gown or on a gurney before. Ever!
 So, it was a rather startling sight to me and I said "lets never have a reason for you to look like this again!" And then I took his picture, which he thought was really weird. : )


Then, I asked him how everything went and he looked me in the eyes and told me that the doctor found a tumor.
Now, my hubby likes to say outrageous things to me in jest, all the time and I almost always believe him, so I had to have him repeat that bit of news. But, I knew by the look in his eyes that this wasn't one of those times. Rats!!! I wish it had been.

Our sweet doctor, who is at least 85 years old -if he's day, sat us down and retold us that there is a tumor and said that we had to get a CAT scan right away. Like, that very day! Then, he gave us his cell number and told us to call him if 'things got snarled up' in trying to get appointments. What a dear man!

Well, we spent 5 hours in the hospital waiting for the CAT scan!  During that time, Zac was our family's MVP! He called Nathan and gave him the news, he picked up the kids for us and made sure they made it to and from worship band practice, as well as filling them in on what was going on. What a day!

While waiting, we met THE cutest couple ever! They have been married 64 years!!! -I wanted to take their picture but I thought they might think that was a little creepy. LOL They were utterly adorable and looked amazing for their ages! We heard him say his birth date to the nurse and Hubby and I were in awe when we heard "1925." Amazing!!! He was stationed here during WWII. She was 16 and her parents took her to a GI dance and that is where they met and then they married!
He told me that CAT scans 'are nothing!' I guess that was to make me feel better. What a sweetheart.

Yesterday, our doctor called Hubby personally, to tell him that the CAT scan showed that the tumor is localized, which sounded like some good news. Then he personally set out to call our family physician, discuss things with him, find a good oncologist for us and line up an appointment. (is that normal? Wow!)

So, I don't think I'm going to get my wish,
not to see Hubby in another hospital gown ever,
but we are seeing God's faithfulness and resting in the indescribable peace that He's graciously poured out on us through all this.


~Becky

No comments: