"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

June 30, 2014

Last week

Our daughter is earning her community service hours for high school at our local museum of science this summer. She is a science camp counselor for second graders and they do the coolest experiments EVER, all day long. (not to mention throwing watermelons and cantaloupes off the roof) She called it 'heaven for a homeschooler.' One cute little boy has a crush on her! 
She would love to work there when she turns 18, so we are praying for this to turn into a paying job. 

We also spent the week getting my hubby's brother packed up to head back to CA as we ended another season of care-giving. Besides the small seizure he had when he first arrived, that caused him to fall and sprain his ankle in the bathroom, all went well this time. Thank the Lord!

I read this powerful, true story recently. And Wow! Amazing! Hard to put it down. 


We happened to be at the beach when I was at the part in the book where they were in a life raft for 47 days, surrounded by sharks. So, I started telling my hubby how he could fend off a shark if one were to come by. But he had another strategy -Get out of the water! ; ) 
It is a great read and is being made into a movie that will be out on Christmas Day. Can't wait! 

Here's big news! Be-still-my-heart, we found a Mexican restaurant that serves authentic ROLL TACOS! I couldn't believe I was eating them without having flown across the country first!!! And it was a buffet! As in, all the roll tacos and guacamole I could eat! (which turned out to be 4)  I was in heaven! And now I need to work out all week. LOL

I made these cookies last week, and they were incredible. (more reasons to work out!) My kids didn't think gluten-free cookies would taste very good, but they loved them. We aren't a gluten-free family (Hubby likes to say 'Give us this day, our daily gluten' -LOL)  but it seems that everyone else is these days, so I want to remember this recipe. They'd make a great gift in a cute package.

Our son gave his first 'real sermon' this weekend up in Big Bear over the weekend, so we've been praying for him and we can't wait to hear how it went. 

That's all that we are up to. Hope you are enjoying your summer.
~Becky

No comments: