"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 16, 2013

Wednesdays in the Word

Andrew was reading 2 Corinthians chapter 8 to the family last night, and it struck me what a GREAT
'Mom verse' (as I call them)
that verse 5  is.
The context is of course, about giving, but who GIVES more than a mom?! : )

"...but they first gave themselves to the Lord and then to us by the will of God." 2 Cor. 8:5

I'm not the sweet mom I want to be when I haven't 'first given myself to the Lord' each morning. It really is a MUST, before I start engaging our kids and 'giving' myself to them.
 -And since they don't all 'go' to school it is a long day of giving!
Can I get an 'Amen' Homeschooling Moms? ; )
Time with Jesus makes all the difference! 
When the kids were really young, and things in our day started to spiral downwards, the first thing they would ask was "Did you pray today, Mom?" Ouch!
Now they are all teenagers and they say, 'Mom, I think you need a nap." LOL
So, I'm preaching to myself today. I never want to forget the importance of my quiet time! : )

Blessings,
Becky


No comments: