"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

January 28, 2012

In awe of coconut oil

I knew zip, nada, nothing... about coconut oil, except that a friend cooks with it, until a couple of days ago and I am BLOWN AWAY by the uses for it. If my library had "The Coconut Miracle" I would SOOO be checking it out right about now, but unfortunately, it doesn't.
Apparently it is: antibacterial, anti fungal, antimicrobial and antiviral! That is a whole lot of 'anti-s' in
 one place. ; )
This post would be a lot shorter if I were writing a list of what coconut oil is NOT good for! lol

Here is what I've read that it is good for: (externally)
as a moisterizer, make-up remover, spider repellent, sun screen, diaper cream, lip moisterizer, burns, cold sores, hemmoroids, eczema, psoriasis, cuts, hair conditioner and ear infections. 

The internal list:
 thyroid issues, diabetes, aids your metabolism, good for your dog's skin and coat, boosts your energy level, lowers cholesterol and protects from heart disease. 

Last but not least:
 is great for baking (use in place of butter or shortening) is apparently amazing on toast, great for frying foods and makes your homemade popcorn yummy as can be.  

WOW!

It is not an "artery clogging fat" which I read was a lie spread by the soybean industry. Interesting!

So, I bought some today and I plan to slather it on and cook with it and who knows what else. : ) If I'm missing any uses you know of, I'd love to hear about them in my comments!

It's surely going to smell pretty tropical around here soon,
~Becky


No comments: