"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 2, 2010

One tired Drama Mama!

So, Zac and his Fine Arts group headed to Detroit at 5:00 am this morning. There were 50 kids, 6 adults for 20 hours of traveling on a charter bus. (some of the leaders chose to fly!) ; )

My sweet hubby was the one who got up at 3:30 AM with Zac this morning, made him coffee and drove him to the church. He does mornings really well!
So, don't ask me why I could hardly sleep a wink all night and am totally exhausted today...
I guess it was all the excitement! Or maybe my week is just catching up with me. Anyway, my hubby and I are both so tired today.

I remembered at midnight that it was going to be the first Sunday of the month and my turn in the baby nursery this morning.
I'm happy to say that the Lord ordered the perfect day for me to serve! : )
For the longest time, the only baby brought in was this cute little cuddle-bug. She laid her head on my shoulder the minute I held her and a certain rocking chair worked it's magic on us both...(well, almost on me) My other nursery teen/helper crashed out in another rocker as well. It was pretty funny. Another sleepy little girl came in eventually and relaxed in Joy's arms in another magic rocker.
-Let me tell you, the nursery is NOT usually like this.
When it was time for Joy and I to head in to the worship service, there were 5 wide awake little ones and the place was hopping. : ) The Lord had mercy on this tired Drama Mama!

Hoping Zac has a wonderful time at Nationals!!! It is an experience like no other!
I'll post how his team does when I hear.

~Becky

No comments: