"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

August 12, 2009

Finally some pictures from St. Louis

The best part of the week was of course hearing teens quote the Word!

Here are some other fun things we did:

We rode a riverboat on the muddy Mississippi


We rode in a pod thingy up to the top of the Gateway Arch

I had fun with one of my favorite guys



This picture of the shadow is one of our favorites


Nate's favorite thing to do in the Arch was to zoom in on people on the ground with his awesome digital optical zoom on his handy cam! ; )


We went to City Museum
which is one amazing place!

Apparently, after seeing the web site, I didn't see the half of it. FUN, FUN, FUN. (someone build one in FL) It was described it as "a Discovery Zone for teens" because it has such fun things to climb on and ball pits and you name it... An everything was made out of recycled materials from around the city.

Back to the quizzing! -Imagine being told to quote Mark 3:18, Mark 5:3 and Mark 16:5 and then being timed to say all those references in 20 seconds. Wouldn't you forget what the second reference was after you quoted the first one? I would! And I it would take me the whole 20 seconds if not more to start to quote the first one. But, there were some kids there who could do it. It was mind blowing!

What a week!
~Becky

1 comment:

Tammy said...

From what I've heard, you all had an absolute blast! Is Nathan still talking about it every. single. day. like E.J. is? I know that we'll be hearing about it until next year! Thanks for helping to keep my guys in line while they were away from home!