"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

May 28, 2008

Wednesdays in the Word




My daily prayer for my kiddos is
"that they be passionate about Jesus everyday that they are on this planet."

These verses from Revelation 2 struck my heart today and reminded me of a level of passion that I need to get back to.

Here's what I read:
"I know your works, your labor, your patience, and that you cannot bear those who are evil...."

"...you have persevered and have patience, and have labored for My name's sake and have not become weary."

That was all very encouraging....

And then came:
"Nevertheless I have this against you, that you have left your first love. Remember therefore from where you have fallen, repent and do the first works..."

Oh wow! Ouch!!!
So, I'm pondering my 'first works' today.
The life I led when I first became a follower of Jesus....
It was certainly passionate.
This has given me lots to think on and its quite convicting....

I think I'll start by praying
that I will be truly passionate about Jesus everyday that I'm on this planet. : )
~Becky

No comments: