"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

May 4, 2008

Lots of parties

I'm happy to say that no "la ratas" showed up for the teen game night.
It turned out to be a really small gathering, but fun.

Saturday, our very sweet Junior Bible Quiz coordinators threw their end of the year party which includes a barbeque and lots of boating fun since they live on a beautiful lake.
It included sail boating the regular way...And sail boating with a twist. Literally.
The sweet dad who manned the sailboat would tip it over on purpose to add to the experience. When he said "we are going over," I thought he meant like over to the other side of the lake. But no, he meant over, over...
Then the kids would climb up the high side of the boat and jump off of it into the water. The kids loved it. (sorry I didn't get a photo of that!)
(it was a little embarrassing when other boaters would come by and ask if they needed assistance though)
We also did lots of tubing which is SO much fun. I couldn't pass up doing it. (even though I was the only adult who went) ; ) And that is why my arms are so sore today! Right after that party my hubby and the boys had another party to head to...
His "Raising a Modern Day Knight" Sunday school class had a ceremony for all the sons in the woods. They hung out, threw tomahawks and had a barbeque. Then each dad gave a speech to each of his sons encouraging them to spend their lives living for the Lord.
Each dad presented his son with a REAL sword. Oh. My. Mercy. Three happy boys came home that night with massive 'Solomon' swords.
And this mom is very thankful for sheaths!!!!!!

I'd say we are all partied out for now! : )
~Becky

2 comments:

momtofivekids said...

sounds like a great day!

Jamie said...

I love the sword thing!!! You have a great family!!