"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 4, 2018

Wednesdays in the Word

I found out recently that I have memorized a verse incorrectly.

On many occasions and especially in difficult times, I have quoted a verse in Job which reminds me that no matter what the circumstances are, I'm going to serve God anyway. Despite whether I understand Him or what's going on, I'm still all in.

"Though He slay me yet will I serve Him."

But here is the kicker! When I looked it up recently, I realized that it doesn't say "serve."
It says TRUST!

Ouch!

Trusting and serving are not the same.
Serving someone is WAY easier than trusting them.

But if anyone is completely TRUSTWORTHY it is Him. ❤ Sometimes we just need to concentrate on that!

Ps. 92:15 says
"He is my rock and there is no unrighteousness in Him." He is completely good!

And speaking of Job, he got a happy ending.


"...You have heard of the patience of Job and seen the end intended by the Lord -that the Lord is very compassionate and merciful." James 5:11

  "And the Lord restored Job's losses when he prayed for his friends. Indeed the Lord gave Job twice as much as he had before."


He deserves our trust!

~Becky

No comments: