"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 29, 2018

Thankful

When our kids were young, my hubby and I led a youth group for 6 years. Yesterday at the grocery store, I ran into one of the parents of two girls, who were in our group back then. And as we were catching up, she asked me where I work and I told her.
And her next question really threw me for a second, because when you tell someone that you work at a church, you don't expect them to ask

"Yeah, but are your co-workers back stabbers?"  

LOL

I'm pretty sure I looked a bit shocked and she went on to tell me how tons of people SAY they are Christians and that some of the worst people she's ever had to work with, said they were. 

So, I  had a split second to think about my co-workers and what I said was that they are
all real Christians and very kind!

Later, I wished I'd have been more eloquent with my answer or said something that might be helpful to her in her pain over the Christians she's run into.
But my simple answer really does sum up the people I work with.

From my desk, I get to see them really
live out the gospel in big and small ways, everyday.
What a blessing!

~Also, I've watched Leap Year too many times and I keep thinking of how Dublin has "back stabbing snakes."  And I'm glad I don't know any! ; )

~Becky

No comments: