"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

September 24, 2017

All the celebrating

I've jumped on Andrew's computer to catch up here. My monitor may not have made it through Irma. -But all that happened to it was that we unplugged it and wrapped it in plastic. LOL
So, go figure! : ) 

Last week, was my wedding anniversary. It would've been our 26th. (my hubby went to be with the Lord in 2015) 
Joy and one of my friends and her family all surprised me at work with bouquets of flowers and chai tea! It was really the sweetest thing! My friend reminded me that "love should always be celebrated," which really touched me since I wasn't so sure how I wanted to spend that evening. After work the kids and I did celebrate together, which was a lot of fun. And then Nathan blessed my socks off by sending me a recording. On it he said, "This is a song that my dad used to sing to my mom, but since he isn't here..." And then he sings Annie's Song by John Denver  to me while playing his ukulele! Oh my stars!!! It was so beautiful! I cried a million tears all over again and made everyone around listen to it. LOL Such a thoughtful gift! His dad would be SO impressed.

Saturday, I went to see how my favorite beach fared through Irma. And it was a short visit because there was seaweed everywhere and it smelled like dead fish. LOL 

Then Sunday was my birthday! And my kids spoiled me!
 Joy made me breakfast in bed! Chicken and waffles! Then Andrew took me out for a coffee date before church. After church all the kids took me to lunch and gave me gifts. (How fun are grown up children?!) And they took me to the movies and invited one of my friends and her kids to join us. Then we went to the evening service at church and then out for frozen yogurt where a bunch of kids who are like my own, joined us. It was a HUGE day, and I have the sweetest kids ever! 
Today, we celebrated Zac's academic success over breakfast. (Sunday mornings are the only time to catch my busy college kids, who have more than one job!) He is in the top 7.5% of his class and was invited to join Phi Kappa Phi. Whoo-hoo! His dad would be so proud but not a bit surprised! : )
#proudmom  
#ArizonaState

~Becky

No comments: