"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

July 28, 2017

Never in the zone

My new motto is "Why have a comfort zone when God never lets me stay in it." : )
I feel like I'm in one big, long season of being stretched.

Now, I just say 'yes' to whatever God brings my way because I know if I don't now, it will keep coming up and I will have to eventually.

The other day I heard this verse in our Pastor's sermon and it struck me.
"If you are willing and obedient you will eat the fruit of the land." Is. 1:19
That's a combo that I'm working on. (especially the willing part)

Here's a funny thing that happened the other day when I said one of those umcomfortable "yes's."
I was asked to be in some photos to show the t-shirts that were for sale at a woman's conference we had.  I was given a tank top and asked the photographer if he could edit the photo to make me look tan and he said that wasn't his job! LOL

The shirts were really cute. One girl had on one that said the name of our women's ministry and another lady had on one that said 'girl power.'
I hadn't read mine.
After the photos were taken, we had the choice to buy the shirt we wore or give it back.
When I took it off, I saw that it said "Love Again."
Oh my stars!
An awesome slogan, but not so awesome for a widow to go around wearing! LOL
So, yeah.
I didn't buy that one. Hahaha!

~Becky


No comments: