"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

April 5, 2017

Wednesdays in the Word

 Psalm 54 came to mind the other day when I was in need of some encouragement. I've always loved verse 4.
"Behold, God is my helper;
The Lord is with those who uphold my life."

It hit me then that it doesn't say that God is the one and only one who upholds my life. Amazingly enough, He is one of THOSE who upholds it. I had never thought of that before!

He's given me more than just Himself. Which totally makes sense since He is the one who said that it wasn't good for man to be alone. We obviously weren't designed to do life by ourselves.

So, I got to thinking about this 'list' of people I have, who in some small or large way, help uphold my life. And it was very encouraging! I highly recommend thinking through your own list.
 
Because our family has been through so much in the last few years, many people came readily to mind for the HUGE ways they loved and supported us. But in everyday life, there are so many, who in sweet and subtle ways help us keep on keeping on in our faith walk. They never stop walking in love and they cling to their faith through every trial and cheer us on to do the same.
The phrase "upholds my life" also translates as "sustains my soul."
Certain friends just feed your soul, don't they? Hanging around them makes you love Jesus even more. I love those folks!

When you add to that list, the One who died for your soul and who loves you more than His own life, you've got quite a list of those who "uphold" you! We are in good hands!

"God is my helper;
The Lord is with those who uphold my life."
Amen!

~Becky





No comments: