"Your greatest contribution to the Kingdom of God may not be something you do, but someone you raise." ~Andy Stanley

December 29, 2014

The family band reunited

 When Hubby found out he had cancer, he decided that Switchfoot's song 'Hello Hurricane' was going to be our family's anthem for this 'storm.'
No matter what hits us, nothing is going to "silence our love." Amen!

So, we put it on the calendar that the 'family band' would play it together on the Saturday after Christmas, so that Nathan would be here.
(by the way, the boys are not fans of the phrase 'family band' LOL but that's what we called it when they were little!) : )  Please, excuse the messy bedroom!




They sounded SOOO good! What a talented bunch!


These lines choke me up EVERY time! 


 "Every thing I have I count as loss  
Everything I have is stripped away 
                  Before I started building 
                 I counted up these costs 
                 There's nothing left for you to take away 

                  Hello hurricane 
                  You're not enough 
                  Hello hurricane 
                  You can't silence my love"


Hubby's day made! Dream come true to play and sing this song together. It completely wore him out, but it was so worth it!

He has a GREAT voice and I'm praying hard that surgery doesn't change it! 

~Becky

No comments: